> TkXSet ]
TkXSet - set basic user preference for the X server
TkXSet provide facility to set basic user preferences for the X server.
For environments where olwm or olvwm
is used as the window manager,
you can use TkOlwmProps instead.
[ Download ]
Choose category from "Mouse Settings", "Screen Saver",
and "Beep" with the "Category" menu,
and set parameters on the window.
When "Apply" is clicked,
new settings will be written to the ~/.Xdefaults file,
and it will be loaded to the X server.
Invoking this programs as "tkxset -l" will load the settings
specified in the ~/.Xdefaults file without opening a window.
- Mouse Acceleration
- Set the ratio of the acceleration of the mouse motion
when mouse is moved more than "Acceleration Threshold" in short time
(I don't know the actual time).
- Acceleration Threshold
- See "Mouse Acceleration".
- Mouse Buttons
- Set layout of the mouse buttons from
"Normal" and "Left Handed" (exchange mouse button 1 and 3).
- Screen Saver
- Set behavior of screen saver from
"Disable", "Blank" and "Logo".
- Set the idle time to activate the screen saver.
- Energy Star
- Set if display power management facility (DPMS) should be used or not.
- Set the idle time to make the display standby state.
- Set the idle time to make the display suspend state.
- Set the idle time to make the display off state.
- Set behavior of beep from
"Always", "Notices Only" and "Never".
- Set the volume of the beep between 1 (minimum) to 100 (maximum).
- Set the pitch (frequency) of the beep.
- Set the duration of the beep in milli-seconds.
xset(1), xrdb(1), xmodmap(1)
by T.Sato, 2000/6/4