> TkPrintTool ]
TkPrintTool - print files to printer, cancel request, etc.
TkPrintTool provides facility to print files to printer,
check status or cancel request
in the similar manner with Print Tool of
[ Download ]
- "Filename" field
- Specify file to be printed.
Clicking the button at right of this field
will popup a window to browse files.
- "Filter" field
- Specify the filter which will be used to print the file.
If filters are registered in advance
(this can be performed by "Configure..." button at right of this field),
filter will be selected automatically when filename is entered.
- "Configure..." button
- Register filters which will be used when print files.
List of registered filters will be displayed when this button is clicked,
and entries in the list can be added, edited or deleted.
Registration of filters will be performed by specifying
pattern of filename (*.jpeg, for example)
and command used as filter (convert %s ps:-, for example).
Registered filters will be stored in $HOME/.tkprinttool.bind file.
- "Copies" menu
- Specify number of copies of the output.
- "Print Banner Page" button
- If this button is set OFF,
suppress banner page (title page) is it is available.
- "Print" button
- Clicking this button will send the request
as specified on this panel.
- "Printer" list
- Select the destination printer.
This will used as destination when "Print" button is clicked,
and as target to display status when "Status" button is clicked.
If environment variable PRINTER or LPDEST is set,
the printer will be selected initially.
- "Information..." button
- Display information about the printer selected in "Printer" list.
- "Status" list
- Status of printer selected in "Printer" list
will be displayed when "Status" button is clicked.
This will also used to cancel request.
- "Status" button
- Refresh information displayed in "Status" list.
- "Stop Printing" button
- Clicking this button will cancel requests
selected in the "Status" list.
by T.Sato, 2000/3/20