> TkOlwmProps ]
TkOlwmProps - set user preference for olwm
TkOlwmProps provide facility to set user preferences on environments
where olwm (OPEN LOOK Window Manager)
or olvwm (OPEN LOOK Virtual Window Manager)
is used as the window manager.
For environments other than olwm or olvwm
(is there somebody using olwm still now?),
you can use TkXSet instead.
[ Download ]
Choose category from "Color", "Icons", "Menus",
"Mouse Settings", "Screen Saver", "Beep"
and "Miscellaneous" with the "Category" menu,
and set parameters on the window.
When "Apply" is clicked,
new settings will be written to the ~/.Xdefaults file,
and it will be loaded to the X server.
Invoking this programs as "tkolwmprops -l" will load the settings
specified in the ~/.Xdefaults file without opening a window.
- Set color of the background of the screen.
- Set color of the title-bar of windows.
- Set color of background of icons.
- Set color of texts on title-bars or menus.
- Select icon location from
"Top", "Bottom", "Left" and "Right".
- Flash Count
- Set number of times to flash the open/close "zoom" lines
when Open/Close windows.
- Drag-Right Distance
- Set distance to move mouse right to open sub-menus.
- SELECT Mouse Press
- Set the behavior when menu buttons are clicked
with SELECT button (usually menu button 1)
from "Selects Default" and "Displays Menus".
- Mouse Acceleration
- Set the ratio of the acceleration of the mouse motion
when mouse is moved more than "Acceleration Threshold" in short time
(I don't know the actual time).
- Acceleration Threshold
- See "Mouse Acceleration".
- Multi-Click Timeout
- Set timeout for double-click in tenths of a second.
- Mouse Buttons
- Set layout of the mouse buttons from
"Normal" and "Left Handed" (exchange mouse button 1 and 3).
- Screen Saver
- Set behavior of screen saver from
"Disable", "Blank" and "Logo".
- Set the idle time to activate the screen saver.
- Energy Star
- Set if display power management facility (DPMS) should be used or not.
- Set the idle time to make the display standby state.
- Set the idle time to make the display suspend state.
- Set the idle time to make the display off state.
- Set behavior of beep from
"Always", "Notices Only" and "Never".
- Set the volume of the beep between 1 (minimum) to 100 (maximum).
- Set the pitch (frequency) of the beep.
- Set the duration of the beep in milli-seconds.
- Set Input Area
- Set the input focus mode from "Click SELECT" and "Move Pointer".
- Threshold when Moving Window Over the Screen Edge
- When value other than zero is specified here,
windows will stay in the screen until the distance exceeds this value
when attempted to move the window over the screen edge.
- Another Options
- Set following items to ON or OFF:
- Raise Window when it is Focused
- Raise Window when it is Resized
- Raise Window when it is Moved
- Keep Transient Window above its Owner
- Show Geometry when Moving Window
- Show Geometry when Resizing Window
- Grab the Server while Menus are Up
xset(1), xrdb(1), xmodmap(1), olwm(1)
by T.Sato, 2000/6/4